Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Mommy's Moment: Christmas

I've been well intentioned to document our Christmas festivities this year. However, blogging has been hard to get around to. Nevertheless, I'll give you a brief overview of our celebration this year.

Of course we started with the decorating of the tree.


Kate has been gracious and kept her little hands off of it for the most part. Here she is admiring an ornament from her first Christmas...way back last year.



Thanks to Grandmama, we had two ornaments to make while practicing patterns. We made a candy cane and a wreath.



We also enjoyed making decorating the gingerbread house. Thankfully, Publix, the awesome place they are, preassembled one. That works great for me because I lack any engineering expertise and apparently it comes in handy when putting one together.




We've also enjoyed an advent activity and our first attempt at a Jesse Tree. Half of it is accomplished. We'll try again next year.

We've drank hot cocoa, listened to Christmas music, and enjoyed the lights around town while also hosting a birthday party for Jesus and going to a friend's to decorate cookies. At night we read an advent storybook with an advent calendar. And as Grant enthusiastically exclaimed last night, "Mommy! We're almost to Beflehem!"

Hannah reminds me often that "the best Christmas gift is Jesus."

Though I am sure the limited focus on presents in short lived, I am thankful for Grant's response when asked what he wants for Christmas. "You can get me whatever you want Mommy."

While Hannah reminded me of the same today saying "we'll still play with it even if we don't like it because you get what you get."

Ha!

I'm thankful that, for now, the presents aren't as big of a focus as they could be.
Though I look forward to giving them their gifts just as the Lord delights in giving good gifts to His children.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.





Praise be to God for His most precious gift, His Son.

3 comments:

mikelynn91 said...

Amen and amen!

Your children's focus is just as it should be! Pray for me dear friend that my focus would shift from the things of this world (not things this time but people) and would focus clearly on the Savior ATLEAST for the next 24-36 hours! :) This has been a tough one.

Redheaded Adventures said...

What a beautiful family! Hope your Christmas was wonderful and your week is blessed with good memories as you reflect on the past year. Miss you!

Mary said...

I love that picture of you guys...love how Kate is looking right up at you, so cute!!