Pages

Friday, August 05, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Whole








Life is a bunch of tiny moments. I get lost in those tiny moments, forgetting the whole picture.

In the midst of laundry, dishwashing, changing dirty diapers, cleaning up the toys, and disciplining my children it's easy for me to lose sight of the WHOLE.

There is a much bigger picture to my life, a bunch of tiny pieces that the Lord promises He's "working all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I'm thankful for the WHOLE. Because it's easy to get lost in the mundane moments. To forget my purpose in the midst of picking up toys, wiping down the counters, disciplining my children.

I don't know a lot of things in the midst of these moments that don't promise easy living or comfortability...but I know the WHOLE. That in all these events, comfortable and uncomfortable, the Lord is working them for my good. He is making me more like Him and in so doing He is receiving glory. His glory is my whole. And He is committed to me.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

It is so very easy to get lost in those moments! And frustrating, too. Thanks for this reminder!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I totally relate...that's the constant battle of humanhood isn't it? Making the mundane moments times of worship without worshipping the moment itself...thanks for the thought.

Courtney said...

amen :)

Redheaded Adventures said...

Thanks for the Romans 8:28 reminder and how it relates to wholeness as I finish the week with lists half done but trying to be diligent in the important things.

Mary said...

love this post!