Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Keepin' It Real

 
 
 
Let's get real.
 
Like, this kind of real:
 


I don't play games.

 
 
Unless it's Hide n' Seek, or Babies, or Dollhouse.
 
I like those.


 
There's also this other game where Mommy asks if I have something in my mouth. To which I reply,
 
And, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, you just never know.

 
If I do, and, uh, Mommy sees, and uh, it wasn't "Mommy Approved" well, the game takes a turn for the worse.
 
KILL.JOY.

 
I quickly realize any effort to talk my way out of it only proves more harmful. I have to bite my lip to keep from further incriminating myself.
 

  
And I'm quite shocked to realize my honest attempt to refrain from further degradation still doesn't change Mommy's response.


 
 
I'm hurt.
 


I tend to harbor a bit of hard feelings.


 
But I'm quickly on to the next thing, like seeing how wide I can open my eyes while sticking my tongue out.

Fascinating.

 
You've just been served a dose of "Keepin' It Real" by your's truly,
 
KATE.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

Jeannie said...

I just love that little girl