Pages

Friday, October 03, 2014

8 Years

It's hard to believe that this little blog has been here almost 8 years.

And it all started because of this little baby....



Who has now become this little lady....


Whose baby teeth, a final remnant of those younger years, are giving way to her grown up ones.

And the unraveling continues...

Mommy has learned a lot from you this year.

Oh, what a year.

I think this past year has sharpened us both as it has been the most intense year where life, real life, was screaming at us.

We wrestled through a hard year of school, mainly because I "just wasn't getting it." But, because of God's faithfulness, patience, and grace, He taught me more about YOU. And as He did, He taught me more about ME. We are intricately made people, each very different than the other. Our strengths span across an array of abilities as do our weaknesses. And it excites me to think how He specifically has wired you. You are a mystery to me, my sweet daughter. A wonderful mystery that I have yet to unravel...but one that I look forward to seeing unravel as the Lord works His plan in you.

I do know you are compassionate. Your love for people challeges me. I don't think you've yet to forget your Great Grandpa Larson in your prayers. Your heart desires for people to know the Lord. This has grown over the past year. I don't have to remind you to pray for those who don't know Christ, but, you do remind me.

We've walked through relational challenges this year with those we live life with. I've seen that same fear of man take root in your heart that is in mine. We've wrestled through what is appropriate kindness and what is trying to win people's approval. But you've also stood up for yourself in ways I am so thankful to see.

You've asked hard questions this year. We've talked about persecution, war, and lots about heaven. I'm thankful you have questions. I'm thankful for the time I have with you to enter into these conversations that are so precious and important.

You are a giver. I continue to see this pattern in your life. You like to give people "gifts" whether it be a toy in your room or a wad of cash that you'd been saving up. And while sometimes, my selfish heart wants to question your giving and get you to second guess your decision, I try not to interfere.

While reading and math may not be your passion (yet?), you love to be outside whether it's going on a nature walk or just riding plasma cars with your friends. You are an outdoors kind of gal and I often wonder how the Lord may use that as you grow older. There is definitely a stronger desire in you for that than with the other two.

So, year seven, tears were shed. LOTS. But we also had terrific times and conversations thanks to your growing maturity. I look forward to this new year of adventure and growing. There's no other 8 year old I'd like to be on this mothering ride with than you!!








0 comments: