Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Fearless

It's been awhile.
 
I've been busy.
 
Busy sharpening my mad skills across the asphalt, concrete, waves, and even the floors of Hobby Lobby.
 
The exhilaration is indescribable.
 
 
On the asphalt, I'm testing my limits. I'm pushing lightening fast speeds while also incorporating my growing coordination abilities (did you know that gets better as you age?). Who needs to sit on the bike when they can stand? And I can even transfer this skill to the plasma car. Talk about diversifying your skill.
 
And, I'll be honest, like any good risk taker, there are always costs. I've taken a few falls, brought on some skinned knees and even a raspberry on the back of my leg. Why, just yesterday I found myself pinned under a Hobby Lobby cart after a failed attempt at cart acrobatics (I really need to work on that one...talk about embarrassing). But, folks, the show must go on.
 
(Hannah was a REAL help here) 
 
And so, like any good dare devil, I face my challenges with a smile. Ride the waves? Sure, I say. Bring. it. on.
 
And Daddy did. It won't be long before I'm steering the kayak by myself.
 
Until that time arrives, I'll just beat my body against the waves until they cower at my presence. Go hard or go home, I say.
 
 
 
And that's my game, folks. Fearless.
 
And, "by the ways," don't underestimate the power of a puddle jumper.
 
This is Kate, signing out.
 

0 comments: