Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Olympic Hopefuls



Okay, so the title may be a bit misleading.

If you were Googling "Olympic Hopefuls" our faces were likely not the ones you were anticipating.

And while we're no Michael Phelps, Jordyn Weiber, or the newest fast girl on the track (surprisingly Mommy does not know who that is) we are the newest fans of the Olympics and we're hopeful.

And, after watching some Olympic trials, I have decided it's time I start practicing. Gymnastics appears the best fit for me. I'm not so sure about Kate, but she has no choice in the matter. If her leotard tells you anything, I think this will be a short lived dream for her. There's no sheer sleeves in REAL gymnastics. But we won't break that news to her just yet.  

As for me, I've got eight years to train. Eight years to bulk up my string bean like legs and noodley arms while establishing a firm six pack.

As for Kate, well, if she chooses to pursue an Olympic future I believe her best option is in ice skating thanks to the leotard. If that's the case, she's got a solid 14 years to get the triple sow cow and other weird sounding jumps to perfect. I just hope she doesn't slice open her sheer sleeves. That'd be a shame.

In the meantime, we'll be cheering on the current Olympians to some gold medals and world records while at the same time creating a plan to win some of our own and smash those records.

Or we can just pretend while we make some fierce forward rolls and jumps off of the couch.

0 comments: