Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!













We have much to be thankful for here in the Harman Household. I am thankful for my wonderful family...my husband and these three great kiddos the Lord has blessed us with. I am thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for his family, who loves his kids deeply, and who gives sacrficially to us all. I am thankful for three amazing kids. I am thankful that I am able to stay at home with them and invest in their lives. I am thankful for the Lord's great provision for our family that has allowed me to stay at home. I look back over the past few years when money has been extremely tight and, like many of you I am sure, have wondered where it would come from. Yet, the Lord provided. Again. and Again. and Again. Thank you, Lord. But, I am most thankful for what the Lord provided 2,000 plus years ago. Redemption. Through Christ. It is the most humbling of provisions. It is a provision that was necessary because of my sin, my enemity against the holy God. It is a provision I could never provide. Only Christ. He lived that perfect life I can never. And he took on that punishment I should have. And through his life, death, and resurrection He provided the relationship that was once impossible. Now, as He has drawn me to Himself, I have been given LIFE...abundant life. Oh that this truth would transform me. For "we are TODAY accepted in the Beloved, TODAY absolved from sin, TODAY acquitted at the bar of God. Oh! Soul-transporting thought. (Charles Spurgeon)." I pray that this truth would be my joy and would overflow into thanksgiving to the Lord, not just on Thanksgiving Day but on every day.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

0 comments: