Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010












I love fall. Perhaps because I love leaves or "leaf-is" as my sister Hannah calls them. I'm not sure, but from what I can tell, she's not saying it right. At least, not like how Mommy says it. Oh well, who am I to say anything? I'm only 2 and 1/2 and still call myself "Gant." But whether you call them leaves or leaf-is it doesn't change the fact that they ARE SO FUN. Who knew? I would have stopped playing in my play kitchen a long time ago (oops, I mean, um, playing with my monster trucks and toy guns) in order to go live it up in the leaves. There are so many possibilities with leaves. You can rake them. You can shovel them (that's my favorite). You can throw them in the air...or at your sister. You can JUMP in them (another favorite), you can crunch them between your fingers, you can make a picture display out of them (NOT one of my favorites, I opted out early on this activity and left the leaf arranging to the girls), you can feed them to the ants according to Hannah (again, not so sure about this one either), you can make leaf hats out of them (I give all credit to Hannah for my lovely leaf hat...please contact her, not me, if interested in one for yourself) or IF YOU'RE A PICTURE HAPPY MOM you can take lots and lots of pictures of your kids playing in them. However, if you so choose to do this, realize that we aren't going to stop very long so you can get a clear shot because LEAVES ARE TOO MUCH FUN to sit still with. I'm just sayin.

0 comments: