Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Dreams DO Come True...


Are you paying attention? I have to get close up so I know that you are. I, Kate Irene Harman, would like to say that I have SMASHED the Harman track record of low weight gain. Today I weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 9 oz (still 3 ounces shy of Grant's birth weight). YES! I gained OVER a pound in two weeks. That's two outstanding visits for weight gain. To some of our newer readers, this may seem like no big deal. However, if you've followed us for years you may remember first, Hannah. She had a hard time gaining weight. Apparently Mommy and Hannah made many weight visits the first several weeks. And then, then there was Grant. Let's just say having the "failure to thrive" box marked on his chart sunk Mommy's heart. She surrendered nursing to the formula bottle. But today, today folks we have VICTORY. We've made it through those first trying weeks without hearing comments like, "you need to be nursing more," or "you'll have to supplement with formula," or "feed that baby some MEAT (just kidding)" or "we may have to do some tests to make sure everything is okay (that was the worst for Mommy)." So, today we celebrate. Cookies it is at snack time...well for me it will be a midnight snack.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That's wonderful news Jess! I know you must feel relieved! It's hard sometimes being a mommy!

LB said...

WOO-HOO!!! WAY TO GO, KATE!! I am so relieved for you, Jessica!!

Courtney said...

that is so exciting! love that feeling of relief!

Grandmama said...

Way to GO Kate !!! You and Mommy make a good team. See you real soon. Grandmama

Learning as we Live said...

great news! I know that is a relief!