Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Guess "Whoo's" Two?



Okay, so the previous post gave the answer away.

I'm two.

Yep. TWO. Just when I got the hang of saying one when asked my age and holding up one finger, I've now got to say two and hold up two fingers. Is life always this complicated?

Well, did you catch my witty title?

I had an Owl Party.

Who has an owl party (other than me I guess)? I guess when you're two it's fun to celebrate with owls. Hey, I heard Hannah had a pig party when she turned two so I'd say an owl is a step up from a pig. Just go with it...it looks like in a year or two my voice will be heard. I've heard Hannah throw around ideas such as a Rock Star party like cousin Allie had, and Grant, well of course he wants an Angry Bird party after his super hero party after his Olympic party...

But for today, we'll share about my owl party.

What do you do at an Owl Party? Well, until last Saturday I hadn't a clue. But, believe it or not, owls can be fun.

Mommy bought the first ever pinata. Okay, not the first EVER pinata but our first ever pinata. Yep, for me. Hannah was jealous. She asked why she never had a pinata. Seems like she needs a little lesson in contentment if you ask me.

 
 
 
And, thanks to the awesome world of Pinterest, Mommy had us make our own hanging lantern owls. . .yes, for me and my other friends who are two. Apparently she thought we were really great with gluesticks and spatial reasoning.

 
 
 
 



Warning to all parents, come to a Harman birthday party, be prepared to pitch in and reach into your inner artist. These parties aren't for the faint of heart.

After we carefully arranged our owl lanterns, yes, Mommy DID help me with mine, we took a few swings, okay SEVERAL swings, okay several unsuccessful swings at the ol' pinata which finally fell after a dad, can't remember who, probably our daddy, beat it to a pulp, almost literally. It is made out of paper you know.


We did have a good effort by Grant.


And just like that, all that candy Hannah, Grant, and I stuffed into that old bird came pouring out. As you can imagine, the stampede was intense.




Following the sugar rush...literally...we ate the owl cupcakes Mommy made which was also from the "ever flowing cyber world of ideas, Pinterest."




"Owl" tell you I've never tasted anything like them. Excuse my manners.



And, finally, presents. I mean, hey, I was thrilled after I opened my first present. I was happy just to sit and play with it (Hannah needs to take notes here). But, just like the candy that came aflowing out of the ol bird, so did the presents, except not out of the owl. I'm now the proud parent of a beautiful blonde haired "baby," toddler may be more like it, whom I can stroll along in my new shopping cart. It's awesome, really.



And at the end, if the party goers felt a little jipped on sugar, they left not only with a consumed cupcake and icecream and their bag of candy, but also with delicious Owl Gummy Worm bags, compliments of Pinterest.


And that folks, is how you throw an inexpensive (apparently Pinterest is also full of over achieving moms who spend outrageous amounts of money on parties, even owl parties, that would put our party to shame) yet satisfying owl party.

Add some awesome friends to celebrate with you and you've got a real hoot of a party!
Though John wasn't too sure it was all such a hoot. Oh well, an owl party isn't for everyone I guess.
















1 comments:

Courtney said...

these pics are adorable & Kate is sooo cute!!!! :)