Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012

It's time for that post...you know, to go along with the gazillion others who posted their pictures on Facebook...

The Annual Pumpkin Patch Extravaganza...

Those of you may remember our pumpkin patch fiasco two years ago while Kate was knocking on the door of Mommy's womb and Grant and I had colossal meltdowns as we left without that joyous pumpkin patch feeling.

This year I was a bit skeptical when Mommy announced we would be visiting a new pumpkin patch. Okay, let's say devastated. I was devastated. To miss out on the hayride with the Disney characters placed in the woods (alongside a broken down washer) was the worst news I've heard as a six year old.

But Mommy promised this one would be better.

Upon arriving, I was hopeful as I spotted a jumpy house. That's always a good sign.

And of course, animals. However, Grant had it in his head that the chickens were going to race. While we knew pig races were on the agenda, I'm not sure how Grant got the impression chickens would also be showcasing their fast footwork.

After enjoying several bounces in the sideways cow house, we took our growing enthusiasm to the underground slide.

AWESOME.

We were all fans.

Then, we made our way through a corn maze. However, I'm not so sure we were supposed to come out the way we came in. Whatever. It was getting hot.

And then, we tried out their hayride. Far more educational than the Disney character display we're used to, this one proved a bit disappointing. We took a tour around the corn maze and heard, "yada yada yada, come buy our strawberries, yada yada yada, come buy our blueberries, yada yada yada, oh yeah, we sell Christmas trees too." Hands down the Disney hayride takes the cake.

After Kate helped Daddy shoot some corn across a big field...an activity Grant and I had no interest in.. . Kate's a sucker for anything...we made our way to the huge jumpey pillows.

And, that's when, the annunal Harman pumpkin patch disaster occurred.

Oh it all started well. Lots of laughs...well, maybe not from Kate as she continuously face planted into the pillow. I mean, Mommy or Daddy could have at least helped her. They were allowed on the jumpey pillow but they played ignorant. Mommy insisted on taking pictures and maybe she was wiser for it. Not too much later...

a grown lady bounced too high and sent me flying and landing on my ankle. I give her all the blame. I told Mommy, had it not been for that grown up, I'd be fine.

Upon trying to regain my footing...

I screamed. Daddy and Mommy calmly reacted assuming I was being overly dramatic.

I screamed some more.

I refused to walk.

We were all sweating. Again, October proved to be a hot month.

We carried our commotion under the pavilion where they thought I'd calm down and be ready to run in minutes.

It wasn't so.

After listening to a Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Dolly Parton wannabe...Mommy and Daddy finally came to the conclusion that our pumpkin patch time was coming to a close...

And with that, we left another pumpkin patch another year, in tears. Okay, I did. Grant left continually asking why we weren't able to get a pumpkin and why that cow ride Mommy said he could ride no longer would happen.

And, Mommy and Daddy left disappointed because apparently they had to shell out some hard earned cash to get our family into the festivities, of which we were not able to fully enjoy and squeeze out every ounce of fun. Kate was likely the only content human in the car.

And the car ride home was filled with shrill screams from me as my ankle swelled and bruised a bit and Grant's incessant asking of when we were going back.

Unfortunately, we must wait another long year before we risk our lives and our sanity at the pumpkin patch. Something tells me Mommy and Daddy are okay with that.


 







 
Kate clearly was bored as well on the hayride, to the point of falling asleep. She wasn't amused.
 
 





 
We like to tell how hot it is by the amount of sweat that exudes from Grant's head. On this day, there was enough sweat to make all natural hair gel. You organic people should appreciate that.
 

1 comments:

LB said...

So funny!! Love it!!