Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Mommy's Moment: Two Good Quotes

I just visited one of my favorite blogs that I haven't been to in awhile. Post after post imparts Biblical wisdom that encourages my soul. One such post included these two great quotes below. It reminded me of the MANY times my "plan" is interrupted by the unexpected. . .whether it be Hannah getting "stuck" under the bed, Grant locking himself in his and Hannah's room and having no key on the outside to open it (this past week), rice being THROWN all over the kitchen, potty accidents, meal messes, and the list could go on. No day ever goes as planned and some days it is more frustrating for me than others. These quotes, however, remind me that these "interruptions" are part of God's plan for my day. I should welcome these interruptions as an opportunity to serve the Lord in obedience and cheerfulness. And trust that these interruptions are the best circumstances for me and my family at the moment. The other stuff can wait.

"I think I find most help in trying to look on all the interruptions and hinderances to work that one has planned out for oneself as discipline, trials sent by God to help one against getting selfish over one's work. Then one can feel that perhaps one's true work--one's work for God--consists of doing some trifling haphazard thing that has been thrown into one's day. It is not a waste of time, as one is tempted to think, it is the most important part of the work of the day--the part one can best offer to God. After such a hinderance, do not rush after the planned work; trust that the time to finish it will be given sometime, and keep a quiet heart about it."

--Anne Keary 1825-1879 (qtd. in Keep a Quiet Heart p. 9)

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."

--G.K. Chesterton

This encourages me as I am about to embark on a greater season of interruptions as we welcome our new baby next month. I pray the Lord would help me to see each interruption as part of His plan and that instead of being frustrated and annoyed, I would embrace it and not fret about the part of my plan that isn't being accomplished.

Head over to here for more great posts about biblical womanhood.

1 comments:

LB said...

hey, great quotes. Isn't that the best website. Always encouraging and convicting. Love the picture below, too. Yes, I have been catching Ada with her thumb in her mouth lately. yikes. Trying to put a stop to that. I think she's trying to be a part of the "cool" crowd ;)