Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Grant, moments before falling.
Petting and adoring the horse.




The Hayride



Our happy faces upon first arriving...

Yesterday was a busy day. Let me preface this post with that. A busy day means no naps. Keep that in mind please. It seems Mommy didn't. We started the morning running to the library to return books and check out their book sale. It seems we may be the only family left in Henry County that still has a VHS player. That means JACKPOT for us. We found The Wiggles (Grant's favorite group), Veggie Tales, and a princess movie. One FULL bag of VHS's: $1. AWESOME. Welp, then we headed to Hayden's birthday party in Conyers. Let me just say, it was a blast too. Playing outside, eating delicious food, and watching presents be opened. . .you can't beat it. Well, that is until Mommy tells us we're going to meet Daddy at the pumpkin patch on the way home. NO WAY! VHS movies, a birthday party, and NOW....THE PUMPKIN PATCH! You've gotta be kiddin' me. Our days usually are pretty boring. So, we load back into the van and head toward more fun! Except, it seems our lack of naps is catching up. A sleepy Grant insists on having his blankey. No problem. It's right next to his seat. Not for long though...Mommy manages to HURL it (by accident we think) to the back seat of the van. So, the afternoon of meltdowns begin. Grant loses all control and screams. and screams. and screams. I lose all control too...of my eyes...and fall asleep amidst the screaming. Well, finally we arrive at the patch. Grant now calm, me now awake, we step out into the October heat. And we're off. We enjoy a nice fall hayride in what Mommy would say is sweltering heat. I see my favorite characters in the woods. Then, off to the petting zoo. We pet a horse, see some pigs, and smell lots and lots of poo poo. Finally, we head to the Jump Zone. The Jump Zone wasn't an option for me last year. This year, it was. My dreams over the past year have been of me jumping in the Jump Zone at the Pumpkin Patch. So needless to say, I was fired up about finally arriving at my perfect destination. For me, it started well. For Grant, it didn't. Meltdown number two for him occured after he fell on the big trampoline. And, then meltdown number three occured when he climbed to the top of the jumpy slide only to decide he did not want to slide down. As for me, my first meltdown (that continued until we arrived back at the house) occurred when an overheated Mommy and a worn out Daddy told us it was time to pick out our pumpkin and leave the Jump Zone behind. This WAS NOT OKAY. I ain't skeerd to show my disapproval. So a crying, sweaty, dirty Grant and a tired, a crying, ungrateful, pouting dirty Hannah along with a 9 month pregnant, overheated Mommy, and a tired Daddy went to pick out our pumpkin. Except, no one but Mommy wanted to pick out the pumpkin. Therefore, there are no joyous pictures of us running to find the perfect pumpkin this year. Our visit ended with Mommy just grabbing a pumpkin and paying for it. Discipline for my attitude was promised upon returning to the van. The cashier sensed my unhappy heart. In efforts to cheer me up she gave me and Grant some stickers and a necklace. However, upon analyzing my necklace when arriving home...Mommy threw it away. It seems my necklace said "sexiest costume." Apparently that's "inappropriate" as Mommy said. I didn't even know I had a costume on. So, our visit from the HOT pumpkin patch ended with me crying and mad at Mommy and Daddy for making me leave the Jump Zone and the pumpkin patch along with my promised discipline upon arriving to the van. Needless to say, the ride home was a quiet one, Grant asleep and me with my mouth shut for more discipline was promised if I chose to complain again. So, Pumpkin Patch 2010 may not be as fondly remembered as last year's visit. But, it most definitely will be remembered.

5 comments:

LB said...

this post made me laugh out loud more than once. Especially when I pictured you being the only one wanting to pick out the pumpkin. Bless you, friend. Scott and I have an annual "Christmas fight," over him not being excited enough about decorating the house for Christmas. Hilarious post.

The Great Adventure said...

Bless you for even taking your kids out while 9 mos pregnant! : )I don't think I could've done it!

Redheaded Adventures said...

I'll admit I had to laugh too. What a great story. Hope you are able to rest a bit in the next few days. Can't wait to meet the little one!

Redheaded Adventures said...

I'll admit I had to laugh too. What a great story. Hope you are able to rest a bit in the next few days. Can't wait to meet the little one!

Mary said...

That was so funny! I have been there, my friend!