Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Ordinary



It's in the ordinary the extraordinary happens.

As those ordinary moments unfold opportunites unfold.

In those everday moments when my children throw fits, scream at each other, refuse to pick up, hit each other, the extraordinary is there.

In those everyday moments when I lose my patience, use unkind words, pursue selfish avenues, the extraordinary is there.

It's in the ordinary that the gospel unfolds.

In those moments the Lord presents an opportunity for me to remind my children of their need for a Savior.

In those moments the Lord reminds me of why He has saved me.

Therefore, in those ordinary moments, I should rejoice. Rejoice yet again in the beauty of the gospel.

Rejoice that the Lord, Himself, has taken upon Him my punishment. And given me His righteousness.

Rejoice again for the opportunity to share that beauty with my children.

Today I will choose to rejoice in the ordinary for the reminder of the extraordinary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great uplifting post.
T

the joyful potter said...

Mmm, yes! The ordinary does so often remind us of our need for a Savior!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by...yes..we are thinking a long the same lines...enjoy all those ordinary moments with those precious gift...because they do add up to a very extraordinary life...
Blessings~