Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

One Thousand Gifts:171-180



My time is short but we have experienced an abundance of the Lord's provision the past week and a half...

#171- EIGHT sold jobs in a matter of DAYS. This is an abundance of provision, especially after going through a 6 week dry spell with no calls or any interest shown in the business.

#172- friends and family who have diligently been praying for work for John's business.

#173- a free movie ticket to see Courageous last night.

#174- a Christian movie like Courageous that uses the talents of believers to communicate the gospel and other Scriptural truths to its audience.

#175- in the midst of financial uncertainty, the Lord's provision that allows me to continue to stay at home with my children

#176- hearing my children repeat sound doctrine and Scriptural truth as we go through the catechisms almost daily

#177- a night out to eat at Chick-fil-a for Hannah's birthday...finally, a night off from cooking!

#178- being able to tell my children that yes, we will likely be able to go to the pumpkin patch this year.

#179- a "Sonic fairy" who so sneakily dropped a gift card to Sonic in my bag at church a couple of Sundays ago. Whoever you are, thank you. We enjoyed it immensely.

#180- 2 cool FREE new board games through House Party...my local ladies, I'm seeing a game night in our future.

Thank you Lord for your ABUNDANT provision.

3 comments:

Mary said...

What are you using for the catechism, those little yellow books from church or something else? I keep wanting to do that but have not got around to it. Maybe we can get back to doing that at church at some point, we loved that!

Jessica said...

It's called My 1st Book of Questions and Answers by Carine Mackenzie...is that wha the churhc used?

LB said...

I wish there really was a Sonic Fairy who dropped gift cards at our doorsteps everyday. Okay, not really because then I would drink even more diet coke and eat even more unhealthy food than I already eat.

And, count me in for a game night!!!!!