Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

When Photography Becomes Dangerous...

I like photos. I think they're great. And sure, it's great Mommy takes so many pictures. We'll have no excuse for not having a well documented childhood.

But come on. Trying to get three kids ages five and under to all pose perfectly for a photo well...

It can get dangerous. I've got proof...



Where is the line drawn? When somebody gets hurt? Because it sure looks like we've crossed that line here. Just a few more seconds and my face would be blue. And yet, there's Mommy, digging her heels in, just hoping this choke hold will magically turn into a positive experience with smiles gracing all of our faces.

We all know that didn't happen.

So, when does Mommy have to resign herself to the fact that those photo gifts she wants to make...oh and those Christmas cards...are probably going to have to look something like this....




Because, let's face  it, her expecations are WAY TOO HIGH and this is us in real life...because what three kids are genuinely smiling, looking in the same direction and seated perfectly still simultaneously while wearing clothes that match (it's a major accomplishment if Hannah's or Grant's personal shirts and pants match let alone compliment one another)?

But maybe there are kids out there who've made this expectation believable.

If you know those kids, I'd like to meet um. Because they're making us look bad. And turning photography into a dangerous endeavor for its subjects.

Stop the madness.

Just stop.

1 comments:

Mary said...

This made me laugh out loud! Did I ever tell you about the time that I was trying to get a Christmas photo to put on cards and the disposable camera ended up being hurled at the wall, bouncing off the mantle and landing in the Christmas tree...besides the obvious things wrong with that (using a disposable camera for Christmas portaits, and Christmas cards going out after my tree is already up)I have to say that I end up in need of repentance every time I try to get some cute photos with all the kids together! I love the one where Kate is in a headlock...the look on her face is priceless!