Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Standing Firm




Well, I've got to admit...little Emmett is really cute. And he's always been so nice to me when I feed him. He never bites my fingers when he tries to get the goodies out of my hand. He doesn't growl at me. . .even when I tug on his ears or pull his tail. So after pondering our relationship I decided I wanted to share my favorite new toy with Emmett. But Mommy kept telling me "no" (I pretend I don't know what that means). I wanted Mommy to know that it was alright for Emmett to play with my duckie for a little bit. I didn't mind. But while Mommy was saying no to me, she was also saying it to Emmett. And do you know what? That old Emmett listened to her. I know he wanted it. You could see it in his eyes. But he had self control. He stood strong and firm and didn't budge even when it was staring him straight in the face. This duck that he so much coveted was right there for him to take...I was giving it to him....yet he withstood the temptation. Wow. That's all I can say, WOW.

0 comments: