Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Boy Bed




It's been a month since the big switch. I'm talking about my big boy bed. It was a bitter sweet time for me. Sweet because I got a roommate...my favorite sister. Bitter because I missed the comfort of my crib. Mommy would say, "Let's go to bed," and I'd point to my old room and start walking toward it. I was a little disappointed when Mommy told me that was no longer my bed. These pictures capture my first night in my big boy bed. I was uneasy. Daddy tried to console me but I was skeptical. I cried a bit. Mommy came in to check on me. I was stiff as a board in the same position she left me in thirty minutes before. But, since then, I've gotten braver. I like my bed now. I refuse to sleep under the covers. It's just weird. I've been converted to being a pillow user. They're awesome. And, a little disclaimer: I did not pick the pink pillowcase. Somehow we (by that I mean Mommy) have misplaced the green pillowcase I was supposed to use. And, one month later, I'm STILL sleeping with a pink pillowcase. Oh well. Let's just say it's been an adventure moving into a room with Hannah. From watching her eat pennies to jumping off the bed and taking every diaper out of the drawers, to late night conversations, there's never a dull moment. And, you can't beat hearing "Grant, I love you," from my favorite sister as I doze off to sleep.

0 comments: