Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spit Up


Most mommies would throw a picture like this out. There's spit up coming out of his mouth, they'd say. Well, not my mommy. Why? Because this captures the essence of me at this stage of my life. I like to spit up. ALOT. Mommy said Hannah rarely spit up. Not me. In fact, I spit up at least 20 times a day. Really. Just when you think I'm done...here comes some more..oozin' out of the corner of my mouth. . .a lot like you see here in this picture. There are other times it just shoots out. I got Mommy good during one middle of the night feeding. It shot down her back and all over the pillow behind her. Needless to say, she had to change and the pillow is getting washed. What makes Mommy happy right now? Clean burp cloths. We go through them like hot cakes. And it's a shame when they're all dirty. But it makes Mommy so happy to see my drawer full of fresh burp cloths cuz you just never know when you'll need another!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sorry Grant! I know that is no fun for you or Mommy. Norah spit up a lot too. I finally just invested in lots and lots of burp cloths. I let her spit. Good thing is that you don't know life not spitting up so you don't know how miserable it is! :)

Anonymous said...

Grant, I think it's the big babies like you and Avery who like to hold that milk in your cute chubby cheeks until your mommy thinks your done...bam! there is always some tucked away in the cheeks and you let it out! At least, that's how it is in our house.