Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Savings, Savings, Savings!


So, here I am eating a pear...one of the items we bought this week on our grocery extravaganza. Now that Mommy is really trying to save money with the grocery list, we've decided to put up a post each week with our savings...hopefully to encourage others in their endeavors to save save save. Our plan is the same each week: coupon cutting, deal finding on Saturday. Publix shopping Sunday. CVS and Walmart shopping Monday. We go to those three stores because they're close and manageable. This week was a little tricky because our car broke down on the way home from church. YIKES. So our Publix and Wal-mart trips turned into a field trip with the Roberts clan. I sure had fun! And now that our car has been in the shop...we are even MORE in need to save save save. Here's how it went this week:
Publix:
(btw...Publix doubles coupons up to .50 and on Sundays and Mondays they always have a penny item but you have to have the coupon)
2 packs of paper towels
2 packs of toilet paper
1 and 1/2 gallons of milk
pack of sliced cheese (the penny item)
4 cans of cooking soups
1 box of stove top
TOTAL: 28.24 TOTAL SAVED: 16.39
CVS: (LOVE THIS STORE)
6 packs of batteries
2 boxes of oatmeal
2 deoderants
1 2 litre of Coke
2 dishwashing soaps
2 small jars of peanut butter
TOTAL: 20.85 TOTAL SAVED: 36.94
Walmart:
the rest of my groceries
TOTAL: 23.63 TOTAL SAVED with coupons: 1.50
My total for the week: $72.72 TOTAL SAVED FOR THE WEEK:$54.83
Here's a note: Eventually my list will become shorter and shorter as my pantry and toiletry closet becomes stocked up with the items such as deoderant, batteries, cleaning supplies, special cooking needs that I get on sale...especially at CVS.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Jess, have you looked into the Grocery Game? I am trying it, and so far it rocks! Its a web site/membership program where you pay $5 a month, and you get a list every Sunday from any store you shop at (like Publix, CVS, Kroger) and it will have EVERY sale item (not all items on sale get published in the circular) PLUS ways to add coupons from that weeks paper to maximize savings. It basically does ALL the work for you, all you have to do is cut the coupons! You can sign up for a four week trial for $1. If you want, I can send you an example of a list I received last week! Check it out www.thegrocerygame.com

LB said...

yea for all of the savings!! Don't you love it. I have never been so excited about grocery shopping as I am now, ha, ha. Sad about the car in the shop though. I HATE those unexpected expenses!! Good news...I still have all of that formula to give you. And I have been saving all formula coupons to pass on to you. Is Hannah potty-trained? Do you need pull-ups coupons? I always throw them away, but I can pass them on if you need them.