Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Nature Walk
















Last week Grant, Mommy, and I went on a nature walk. We have a great trail in our neighborhood just a few steps away. Please note....Grant is MIA in the pictures because he rode on Mommy's tummy in the baby carrier. WE DID NOT LEAVE HIM AT HOME. That would have been irresponsible. But, he told me to tell you all he had a great time. Back to me though. Mommy said we needed to pick up leaves to do a project. So, with bag in hand, we went a searchin'. I didn't really want to use my bag though. I just enjoyed holding my leaves. But Mommy put her's in the bag. Mommy had me take some breaks during our hunt to hug a tree(s) and sit on stumps. I wasn't the most cooperative toddler though. I just couldn't get enough of those leaves on the trail. But I did cooperate enough for Mommy to get a couple of shots. So I am now officially a tree hugger. Oh and when we got back...well the next day really...we put our leaves on wax paper, sprinkled crayon shavings over them, covered the leaves with another sheet of wax paper, and ironed the paper over it to melt the shavings. Obviously Mommy did ALL of that. I'm not quite able to do such a craft. But we want to give a shout out to Mrs. Trista and Hayden who gave us this wonderful idea. Although ours did not turn out nearly as pretty as their's, we sure had a blast doing it....well...for me, watching it get done.

0 comments: