Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hittin' the "Beach"












Pure joy. Finally, the "real" beach. I won't lie, Grant and I were a bit hesitant about the waves. It probably didn't help that Mommy reminded us several times to watch out for jellyfish. There were a lot. I found contentment lying in the sand as the small waves washed over me. This, however, proved to be a problem in the "sand in my swimsuit" department. Grant found greatest pleasure right next to Mommy or in Mommy's arms. Imagine that. He enjoyed splashing right at the edge. We both enjoyed running free on the beach and into the very shallow part of the ocean as well. Grant managed to leave the beach each day covered in sand. Head to toe. He loved to throw it and dig in it and a few times, eat it. This turned out to be a bad idea. Thankfully he enjoys the taste of salt water because that's all Mommy had to wash his mouth out.

0 comments: