Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Waiting...





Waiting. For. 3. Months. It's a hard thing to do. Especially for a 3 3/4 year old. What am I waiting for you ask? The beach. Mommy and Daddy told me MONTHS ago that we were going to the beach. Little did I know it would be THIS LONG before we'd finally arrive upon the date. Mommy said August. It was May. Then June. Then July. And now, finally it's August. But, I'm still waiting. It must be getting close now. We talk about it every day. We count the days on my calendar. My heart is racing. Mostly about sharks. I talk about sharks every day. I explain to Mommy, or anyone in close proximity (today Mrs. Laura Beth) that if we get our heads bit off by sharks we will have to go to the hospital to put them back on. I think about sharks a lot. Mommy says we probably won't see one. PROBABLY. So, she's saying there's some hope. Sharks like to bite. So I won't get too close if I see one. I even picked out a shark book for my free library book I got for reading this summer. This book said you don't want a shark at the dentist. I asked Mommy why. So anyways, hopefully we will be beach bound soon. I can't hardly wait much longer. Mommy says we'll head out Saturday. It's high time I see what all this talk about the beach is about...and I'm crossing my fingers I get to meet a shark. I'll keep you posted (unless I'm in the hospital reattaching my head).

2 comments:

Learning as we Live said...

has she been watching shark week?? :) Hope ya'll have a great time!

Jess said...

You always capture the best expressions! I hope y'all enjoy your trip, and don't get your heads bitten off! That Hannah cracks me up!