Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Are You Kidding Me?








It's my first Christmas. They say "it's the most wonderful time of the year." Does my face reflect that? Our Christmas festivities started about a week ago. All I can say is I am plumb worn out. It started with a 3 hour car trip to Birmingham a week and a half ago. We arrived. I was starving. Grant, well, he was poopy...all over (and had been for an hour of the trip...it seemed Mommy wanted to push through to get there and Grant was okay with that. We all regretted that decision the last 20 minutes when we thought we smelled a chicken coop. It was Grant). So when we arrived the poopy took precedence over the starving nature of my belly. While I wailed to be fed, Mommy wiped Grant from top to bottom (no pun intended). Then, I ate. I was happy. For a bit. It took me awhile to fall asleep that night. Okay, a LONG while. It's a new place. The next day, well, it was chaotic. 6 kids 5 years and under in one space anticipating Christmas presents...well that can be chaotic. Again, look at my face. By 2:00 4 out of the 6 kids were screaming. . .3 of those 4 were the Harmans. Allie remained quite quiet due to a sickness that had overcome her. Kyle was the last man standing. You can only imagine that when Mommy tried to put me down that night I was so overcome with exhaustion and over stimulation that I put up another good fight to go to sleep. We returned home the next day, all utterly exhausted but thankful to spend time with family. Apparently I took home some good loot. I guess I'll enjoy it all in a few months. Stay tuned for more of our Christmas festivities.

0 comments: