Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mommy's Moment: These are a Few of My Favorite Things

As sister Maria so melodically put it, "these are a few of my favorite things!" As a new mom of three, I have been at the mercy of a few convenient items that make my life a bit easier. Lately, I've found myself thinking, wow, I am thankful for this! So, in no particular order, here are the things that make my life easier...drum roll please....

1) My new reusuable straw cup (creatively named by me): makes my caffeine fix even that much more enjoyable. And, it does help encourage my water consumption each day.

2) Sleep Sacs (for Kate but I would totally be game for wearing one if they made them in my size): Why, might you ask, do I LOVE these? Two reasons: it keeps Kate extra warm during these cold nights, they have a zipper...NOT BUTTONS thus making those late night changings a cinch...no fumbling around trying to line up those annoying snap pjs and stuffing those tiny feet in the bottom of the pjs. I could go on and on about those darn snappy pjs. Honestly, they make me want to cuss, especially at 3 am.

3) The Swivel Sweeper: My kitchen floor is my biggest embarrassment. You could eat a meal sometimes off of it because my lovely children (we'll blame it on them) love to make messes. But, with the flip of a switch this baby consumes that meal. Who needs a broom and dust pan? Best of all, Hannah and Grant can use it and clean the floors for ME! Unfortunately, the fervor that used to overcome them when I offered to let them use it has slowly waned. In fact, last time I asked in an enthusiastic tone, I didn't get a taker. Bummer.

4) CheapToday.com: This is a new one. I signed up with BzzAgent where you try products and give your opinion about them. Sometimes I love the products, other times, not so much. BUT, this site I LOVE. Everyone knows how I love deals. Well, this site lets you pick your favorite stores and they customize your daily emails to highlight the deals at your favorite store. So, yesterday I got an email that had the wagon with the alphabet blocks (old school toy) for $4.99 at JCPenney. I ordered two, shipped it to the store and only paid $10. So, with a click of the mouse I bought a gift for Kate's first birthday and one for another gift. I would have paid $40 full price. Point is, I am seeing deals at stores I like without having to do the work. Check it out here.

So, these are a few of my favorite things...what are some of your favorite things?

0 comments: