Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mommy's Moment: A Kid in a Candy Shop


I'm like a kid in a candy shop. Except, it's not candy I'm salivating over. Nope. Not even close. It's a laminator. I requested one as a Christmas gift. Thankfully, Mom heard loudly and clearly (notice I did not type loud and clear because heard is a verb and verbs are described by ADVERBS). And so, tonight, the past hour I've been laminating and cutting. Cutting is another of my very favorite things to do. Call me a nerd. A big nerd. What have I been laminating? Thanks for asking. Awesomely cute (adverbs modify adjectives too) caterpillar activities for Hannah and Grant. You see, starting next month it's back to "school time." What better way to motivate me than to see all the cute ideas on Confessions of a Homeschooler AND to have the laminator to, you know, laminate them. When I was young I LOVED to play school. I played it all the time. Tonight, I felt like I was playing school. Well, preparing to play school I guess. After laminating I cut the pieces out and bagged the different activities. I love to just look at the baggies of laminated pieces. Seriously. And, if you're in the market for a laminator (I know you want one), then check out the one pictured above. It's my new one. On sale. $19.99, regularly $80. It works awesomeLY and has great reviews. Head on over to Amazon. It's a Scotch laminator. Just imagine all the possibilities. (Sorry about the font...can't figure out how to change it back to the predetermined color).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the laminator is ONLY $20!!! That's not what I paid for it! (:

Learning as we Live said...

how fun!! I would love to be your assistant :) I used to love playing school, but I am not creative enough to be a teacher.