Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Still








In the stillness there is peace.

A dirt road stuck in the middle of the busyness of life was where I went to enjoy the stillness.

Planning to run, I found myself compelled to walk.

It was still. Peaceful. No cars. No people. Silence.

It was wonderful.

I found myself going to that dirt road often. To think. To pray. To clear my mind.



I was reminded that He is called The Prince of Peace.

I realized I loved Peace. I didn't want to leave this little dirt road each afternoon. I was drawn to its stillness. Its peace.

And it made me understand just a tiny bit more Jesus. It made me want to be in His presence more. He is peace.

And in the stillness of those afternoons, I think I caught a glimpse of His presence.

Be still my soul.

0 comments: