Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Mommy's Moment: Christmas Shopping via Rewards

It's 10:15 pm and I'm browsing through Amazon.com and making a tentative Christmas shopping list. My goal is to get H's and G's Christmas gifts for FREE through my Amazon gift cards earned via Swagbucks and MyPoints. I haven't mentioned MyPoints before. It's another rewards site where you can cash in your points for gift cards. You earn points through clicking on emails (no obligation to purchase anything), going through their site to shop at online retailers, printing grocery coupons (you know I do alot of this), and taking surveys. I signed up in December and last month I finally earned enough points to cash in for a $25 gift card. And guys, I did NOTHING basically. It took 9 months, BUT, it's worth if for not really doing anything that I wouldn't already be doing. It takes 2 seconds to click an email and I earn 5 points. If you're interested in signing up, post a comment below and let me send you an invite email, because, as you guessed it, I earn points for people signing up under me! I'm hoping I'll earn another $25 gift card by the time Grant's birthday rolls around in May. We'll see!


As you read from my previous post, my tricycle I saved up for was a bust. I ended up buying a much cheaper one at Walmart. Thankfully Hannah likes it. And thankfully they will be refunding me my $45 in Amazon gift cards. So, with the $25 Amazon gift card from MyPoints, my $45 refund, and the $25 I currently have from Swagbucks...I am at $95! So, I'm putting that toward H's and G's Christmas. My goal is to have 3 gifts each for them and I don't want to spend more than $60 a piece on them. Hopefully by November I'll have $120 in gift cards and I can do my "shopping" and be done. What a blessing to not have to spend any of our money but also be able to provide a few gifts for the kids. I really am thankful for reward sites like Swagbucks and MyPoints. It's provided a way for us to be able to get gifts for our kids when money is tight. It takes away the burden of wanting to get the kids gifts but not really being able to spend our money to do so. I enjoy the challenge too!

If you haven't signed up with Swagbucks yet, do so, especially now that the Christmas shopping season is approaching. Even if you save $30...that's $30 more in your bank account!! Click on the button below to sign up!!


Search & Win

0 comments: