Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mommy's Moment: Kate










Life with three. Not as hard as I expected. Primarily because of this little squirt. She's easy. Really, really easy. And I am thankful. Really, really thankful. Perhaps the temperment comes with the third or last born (I'd like to think so since I'm the third and last born!). Scheduling takes on a new meaning with the third. Naps in the car aren't uncommon. Naps at the grocery store aren't either. Quiet naps aren't so common. Screams and squeals from the other two have become her "white noise." But there she "sits", quiet, calm and happy (as long as hats aren't involved or the scrape-age of cradle cap from her head). She smiles. Killer smiles at that. And my heart melts. She smiles when I suck her nose out with the nose sucker thing. Even in the middle of the night, in the dark, while I am changing her diaper, she smiles and coos at me. I LOVE it. Thankfully, I have no drama stories to tell about her. . .much unlike her brother! My only complaint is that she is growing too fast! She is our last and I am trying dearly to hold on to every moment with her. Soak it all in one last time. The rush I had with Hannah to see her grow up I don't have so much with Kate. And, I'm guessing that's normal. So, she'll always be my baby. . .even when she's grown. Sweet little Kate.


P.S. remind me of this post when I blog in three years about how I'm about to pull my hair out because she won't listen to me and is hitting her siblings and talking back....

5 comments:

Redheaded Adventures said...

She is such a sweet baby and these are great pics. Pray for Noonan #3 to be as easy going!

Courtney said...

such a sweet post - there is something about the 3rd, so laid back...maybe it has to do with the temperament of the mommies this go-round. trying to soak it up over here too, great reminder! :)

Jess said...

She is precious, absolutely precious! I just want to squeeze those cheeks!

Liz Brookshire said...

Jess, she is too cute! I love babies with fat cheeks!! :)

Mary said...

BEAUTIFUL sweet pictures! Love the pics and love that Baby Kate!