Pages

Friday, September 05, 2008

I Ain't Skeerd

I'm saying, "Come here baby squirrel."
Here he is giving me a nice squirrely hug.
He asked, "Are you my mother?" To which I replied, "No dear squirrel, I am not."
"But I will love you just the same."

Yes folks, I am "holding" a baby squirrel. Your eyes are seeing right. And I not one bit "skeerd." That is one of the benefits of having a daddy who catches animals for a living. Today, Daddy caught five baby squirrels and he brought them home for me to see. In fact, I tried to grab it out of Daddy's hands before he gently rested him on me. Don't worry grandparents and other concerned readers, he was very tame, had no teeth, and was quite the cuddler. And yes, I had a good handwashing after handling this furry friend. Sadly enough, these little guys will be set free in the woods...without their mother. Mommy said they will go and take a LONG nap soon. I wish we could keep at least one. But apparently it would be like having another baby...lots of bottle feedings for these little guys. Oh well, at least I can say I've held a baby squirrel before!


Oh, and yes, I had StickerFest '08 today. Mrs. Kim had brought some stickers over earlier today for me and Ellie to play with (Ellie came to play today). We forgot about them until later and Mommy and I covered me with them. I thought I looked stylish.

1 comments:

LB said...

love the stickers. That's hilarious. When I was about that age, I would cover my legs with bandaids. It looked great in pictures:)

I was going to tell you that Club Z is still hiring (the company I have the interview with today), and she said that you can work as many or as few hours as you want. I don't know if it would be possible for you to do with little Grant, but I thought it was worth mentioning.