Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Five Minute Friday: New











New.

Life around me breathes of newness.

But newness isn't always fun. A lot of times, newness is hard.

I can't help but think of the transformation a caterpillar takes to become a new creature. There's nothing easy about it. But it's beautiful.

This season of life, there is a lot of newness, beginning, of course, with John's new job...new business...that he and his partner have diligently been working on the past 6 months. With this newness comes uncertainty...mainly financially. And it's hard. Hard to start a new business and get the ball rolling. Hard to trust in the Lord's provision.

And it seems that from that exhale of newness, other areas are affected. It's from this newness that I've been challenged to see God and His Truth in a new way. To wrestle in a new way with His character and His sources of provision. Wrestle with the idea that newness often times isn't accommpanied with comfortability. And that His "working all things together for our good," doesn't always mean it's going to be easy.

But in all the newness I am confident in a bigger newness...that He is committed to making me new. With each new trial or circumstance He is refining me, making me into a new creation,

making me more like Him.

Isn't that a newness to be celebrated?

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
Romans 8:18

*i would be lying if i said i wrote this in 5 minutes...in the time i sat down to write my phone rang three times and I had to manage an unruly child.*

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I enjoyed this post! I loved the reminder of a caterpillar's transformation. It's new, and worthwhile, but not easy.
Many prayers for your family as you go through this time of transition. Your husband is so brave to venture on this path! Now many people have the determination to start a business.

Unknown said...

New is so often hard! Having been through owning a small business, and multiple job transitions, I hear ya' on the stretch that comes with new. I love that God meets us in it all though. I'm visiting from 5 Minute Friday and enjoyed reading your thoughts on new!

Jess said...

Beautiful Post! You exhibit such faithfulness. Praying for God's peace and wisdom through this season, friend.

Mary said...

I so agree...NEW is sometimes hard. Harder than we ever expected. Sometimes, there is nothing to count on but He is faithful and He is good, and HE loves us. I am so thankful for your example of perseverance & faith!